Sambuca di Sicilia is a village made up of Agrigento 5.983 people of Arab origin. To differentiate itself from the village Tuscan, It was added, in 1863, the word Zabut the primary name but changed in Sambuca di Sicilia in 1923. The village is located on a hill in the Belice Valley and is surrounded in the northeast by Mount Adranone, a Sud dal Monte Genuardo, Pizzo del Corvo and Big Mountain, to the southwest by the reservoir of Lake Arancio.
It is part of the club “The Most Beautiful Villages in Italy“, the association of small towns which have a great artistic, cultural, historical and urban; in addition to, thanks to its typical products, It is also a member of the National Association of Wine Cities, Union of Municipalities and the District Lands Sicane Regional Tourist "Wines & Flavors of Sicily ".
Indeed, this village in Agrigento, produce: the Sambuca di Sicilia DOC which is the main economic resource of the country being produced in and exported many wineries throughout Italy, Europe and Asi; the Vastedda Valle del Belice DOP, a delicious local cheese that is required throughout Italy.
From the architectural point of view, in this village in Agrigento, there are many styles that can be seen along the streets of the old town.
Among the most important churches are: the Church of the Carmine with the marble statue of the Madonna of Gagini school Audience, Patroness of Sambuca di Sicilia; and the church of San Michele Arcangelo with fercolo equestrian wooden St. George.
Visited 12171 times, 2 Visits today