Church in Catania – Santa Maria de Jesus

A church in Catania fifteenth century is to Santa Maria de Jesus which is located on the north side of the square.
This church in Catania in 300 It was home to a small convent of the Franciscan friar and a beautiful chapel, which it was located in the area bounded by the Bellini Gardens, Via Plebiscito and Viale Regina Margherita and now stands a circular tomb called Mausoleum Modica.
The church of Santa Maria de Jesus It was built in 1400 and decorated with frescoes and works of art by artists such as Antonello da Saliba, Antonello Gagini, Giuseppe Zacco, Angelo de Cleric and the humble friar from Petralia.
The facade, designed by Jerome Mansion is Romanesque with the decoration side, which sees alternating hewn stone of black basalt and white stone, typical of the Etna.
The structure of the church in Catania presents a single nave and side chapels there are two classic-style and very stylish.

 

Visited 6109 times, 1 Visits today

Add a Review

Rate this by clicking a star below:

Related Listings