A beautiful church is located in Maletto Via matrix and is the Holy Mother Church Heart of Jesus and Mary. The Mother Church was built in the nineteenth century by Monsignor Mariano Palermo, then consecrated Bishop of Piazza Armerina.
The church has an imposing facade, at the height of the spectacular staircase access, pilasters decorated with lava stone. The tripartite system follows three naves. The harmonious interior, divided by pillars decorated in stucco, presents interesting marble altars neoclassical and develops longitudinally with aisles diaframmate by round arches and chancel apse.
Admirable the large canvas depicting the Transit of St. Joseph painter Marcello Leopardi, dating 1793, a copy of which is kept in the Church of the Minorites in Catania.
The cover consists of a barrel vault with lunettes in the nave and cross vaults in the aisles.
The structure, in fact divided into three naves, It shows how the nave is to be concluded in the sanctuary apse, while the aisles end with chapels with apses. On the right side of the building we find the sacristy, the local parish and the parsonage.
Visited 4771 times, 3 Visits today