Una magnifica chiesa a Marianopoli sita in Via Firenze è la neoclassica Parish of San Prospero. It is the mother church the country and was built towards the middle of the eighteenth century with the help of economic and labor inhabitants.
The Church was elevated to a parish in 1805, portion of the Diocese of Messina. Following the increase of the population, he felt the need to broaden the structure; so were started renovations conducted by engineer Luigi Bardelli. They were added two aisles and built the town tower.
The design of the tower included the presence of a Bell and a clock but these elements were added later by John Campazzi from Novara in 1866-1867.
L’internal Church hosts: urn containing the relics of San Prospero, with authentic by the Vatican in 1671; The wooden statue of St. Joseph; The wooden statue of Martyr Prospero dating from the seventeenth century.; a screen Painted Oil, the Madonna of Carmel with the Souls in Purgatory, made, probably, at the end of Eighteenth century; the remains of the priest Salvatore Benvenga, He died in the odor of sanctity, who, together with the teacher Angelina Lo Dico, other figure enjoying the same estimate, It is represented in artistic glass window placed in the Baptistery.
Visited 3600 times, 2 Visits today