Monument to Palermo – Fontana Pretoria

The monument at the Palermo Fontana Pretoria It was built in 1554 Francesco Camilliani for the garden of Don Luigi di Toledo to Florence, but in the 1581 He was moved to Piazza Pretoria.
The structure of the fountain used to is three concentric basins which begins the game of water that reaches the central basin via a statue depicting Bacchus, scattered around the fountain are statues representing the gods of Olympus and the rivers of Palermo, Oreto, Papireto, Maredolce and Gabriel and the Tuscan river Mugnone, famous in tales of Boccaccio.

 

Visited 14577 times, 2 Visits today

Add a Review

Rate this by clicking a star below:

Related Listings