The Monument dedicated to the fallen in Dubrovnik during the Great War It is located in the city center near the Cathedral of St. John.
This beautiful work was created by the sculptor Turillo Sindoni and was inaugurated by Benito Mussolini in 1942. The monument develops vertically and is composed of a base coated marble where on the top is located a pedestal that supports the bronze sculptural group.
In the back is a smooth structure where there is placed a laurel wreath in bronze, symbol of glory and triumph and an engraving that reads: "Ragusa to his sons fallen for the homeland always live in the hearts of all the brothers Italian". Very important they are also the side walls where are inscribed the names of the many fallen Ragusa, gold and fire symbolize respectively the importance and eternity of the fallen themselves.
Visited 5220 times, 1 Visits today