The Castle Falconara, Castle Butera, It is the greatest tourist attraction of the area. The fortress stands on a hill surrounded by greenery and you can see the coastline. The structure dates from the fifteenth century and was built to control the territory from possible Turkish invasions at that time, precisely between 1500 and 1700, I erupted in much of the Mediterranean. Later the fort was enlarged to become stronger and more robust; They were in fact built walls, slits and ditches, such as to avoid any pirate attack, via mare o via terra.
The Tower of the Castle of Butera was used, not only for the defense of the surrounding territory, but also as a defense of the region of Sicily; indeed, it was part of a defensive circuit coastal island with the task of controlling the territory that extends from Licata to Gela (hour call Torrenova), and possibly stick with the "gun" place inside.
Tower, since ancient times, It was home to breeding Falconi, hence it was called "the Falconara"; This activity remained unchanged despite the succession of different owners.
Various households resided in the Castle, first the Santapau that with Hugh, descendant of the noble family of Adamara, They began their stay in the royal complex. The castle was donated by the king Martin as a reward for helping him against enemies. After it passed into the hands of the Lord Ambrose Santapau Branciforte became prince of Butera. And finally, It was sold to baron Antonio Chiaramonte Bordonaro, who decided to: restructure the whole fortress, reorganize the space to convert it into a stately home and add some parts such as walls: scaloni, colonnades, friezes, capitals, wood, plaster and marble seats. The intent was to leave unchanged the structure of the tower with a typical Aragonese, but carry out the expansion work so the business would lend itself cozy and comfortable for the family. The extension takes place in different years; indeed, today you can not put every single change to a specific historical period, since often the stages of evolution walls concerned timeframes deferred.
The interior of this castle Butera are very spacious and include refined furniture and decorations in regal style. Also, are household objects such as Chiaramonte Bordonaro: ceramic collections, paintings, hunting trophies from Kenya and won by Gabriel Baron Chiaramonte.
The property is partly enclosed by a crenellated walls freeing wing built in the nineteenth century; it addresses the main facade towards the coast and is characterized by the construction of a terrace able to enjoy breathtaking seascapes. The main entrance of the castle can be identified by a large arched door, una cannoniera, and two shelves that display particular objects. Upon entering the hotel you are greeted by a rectangular courtyard where overlook the stables and warehouses. In the architectural complex there is also a private chapel house built with stone of Modica; Supporting walls, instead, They were built with stones uniform gypsum and lime.
The beauty of the Castle, today, It is accompanied by an exclusive resort, built in the adjacent park. The resort, appartienente the Bordonaro family, It offers its guests all the comforts possible. The particularity of the place, besides being able to access and visit the Castle, is the presence of a particular and rare plant, or prickly pear flower in palms round.
The castle, in addition to, It is used for important and special event hosting present, or in the Hall of the Tower, or in the Hall of Birds. The halls have a capacity of respectively 230 joins up 220 people.
Visited 12427 times, 1 Visits today