Delia – Ruins of the Mills

Strada Statale 190, Delia, CL, Italia
Resti dei mulini a Delia

Behind the Sabuci Castle, as we approach the Salso River, we will find one of the most interesting destinations for excursions in Delia: the remains of two mills. They were part of a complex of four mills (Cottonera, Soprano, Sottano, and Tigaro) rebuilt in 1788 by Don Calogero La Rizza on behalf of the Prince of Palagonia. Today, we only find the remains of two mills and the truncated pyramid pillar that allowed their operation by channeling water from the river. However, the elderly residents of the village remember that during their childhood one of the mills was still functional.